In-school, touring theatre program
We bring live theatre to your school! Let MYT introduce your students to the art of theatre through age appropriate, entertaining and exciting plays.
No stage? No problem!
MYT will be producing two touring shows for the 2021-2022 school year:
- JRR Tolkien’s The Hobbit. This adventure story is sure to surprise and thrill students with it’s fun costumes and larger than life dragon puppet. Best for an audience of 1st through 6th grade.
- Dates and times: November 11 and 12. Showtimes for both dates are 9am, 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2pm
- Cost: $200 per show or $300 for two shows back-to-back at the same location
- Audience: Maximum audience size is 200
- Reduced Fees: Schools in need may be granted special fees. Please contact us for more information
- Length: Programs are approximately 60 minutes and include a guided question and answer session after the show
- James and the Giant Peach. Spring, 2022. Dates TBD.
Free teacher’s guide
We can use most any space and will bring everything with us! Our actors handle the set up (30 minutes) and load out (30 minutes) of our sets. An average weekday consists of performing at one school in the morning and another school in the afternoon. Please note that the tours have requirements in terms of space and minimum audience size that we would be happy to talk with you about when you request a booking.
Our touring shows have accompanying in-depth study guides at no additional cost. The guides offer suggestions for activities and discussions that meet classroom learning goals. We also offer in-class workshops based on our touring shows.
Our materials will cover:
- Historical background of show topics and settings
- Discussion questions for classrooms or small groups
- Fun pre- and post- show activities, games or crafts
Here is a sample teacher’s guide from a recent production:
Most of our students have had very limited experiences with performing arts. Seeing performances done by the Milwaukee Youth Theatre children has been a catalyst to getting my students reading outside their comfort zones.
Our student actors will bring to life an experience for each child to stretch the mind, inspire the heart and promote education. For more questions about our school shows, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.