In-school, touring theatre program
We bring live theatre to your school! Let MYT introduce your students to the art of theatre through age appropriate, entertaining and exciting plays.
No stage? No problem!
MYT will be producing three touring shows for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Boy With a Suitcase. Naz’s homeland is an oppressive place. When his parents send him to his brother’s safekeeping in London, the boy fancies himself like Sinbad, a man of many voyages and endless stories. On his journey, Naz befriends Krysia, who helps him dodge soldiers and stay safe. Best for an audience of 5th-12th grade.
- Dates and times: January 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31. Showtimes for dates are 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2pm
- Cost: $500 per show or $700 for two shows back-to-back at the same location
- Audience: Maximum audience size is 200
- Reduced Fees: Schools in need may be granted special fees. Please contact us for more information
- Length: Programs are approximately 60 minutes and include a 10-minute, guided question and answer session after the show
- Cast and Crew: Our cast and crew is made up of Milwaukee students ranging in age from 12-18
- Flora and Ulysses. Spring, 2023. Dates TBD.
We can use most any space and will bring everything with us! Our actors and volunteers handle the set up (30-60 minutes) and load out (30-60 minutes) of our sets, props and a/v equipment. An average weekday consists of performing at one school in the morning and another school in the afternoon. Please note that the tours have requirements in terms of space and minimum audience size that we would be happy to talk with you about when you request a booking.
We also offer in-class workshops based on our touring shows for an additional fee of $50 per classroom. Each workshop is 1 hour and led by an MYT staff member.
Our touring shows have accompanying in-depth study guides at no additional cost. The guides offer suggestions for activities and discussions that meet classroom learning goals.
Our materials can cover:
- Historical background of show topics and settings
- Discussion questions for classrooms or small groups
- Fun pre- and post- show activities, games or crafts
Here is a sample teacher’s guide from a recent production:
Most of our students have had very limited experiences with performing arts. Seeing performances done by the Milwaukee Youth Theatre children has been a catalyst to getting my students reading outside their comfort zones.
Book a show
Our student actors will bring to life an experience for each child to stretch the mind, inspire the heart and promote education. For more questions about our school shows, contact us at email@example.com.