Work with us
Come help us introduce students to the theatre arts through volunteering in a variety of roles, staff or contract employment, or serving on our Board of Directors.
Excited about theatre arts? Join us today
Milwaukee Youth Theatre hires on a contract basis for each individual show or for the season. We look for people who are excited about expanding their experience and knowledge base. We welcome High School Juniors and Seniors, College students and professionals to apply for all positions. Theatre education students are highly encouraged to apply.
- Experience working in desired position
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Collaborative spirit
- 8-week contract
- 2 nights per week
- 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Specific nights are flexible depending on the position
- 9:00 am – Noon
- Pass a background check
- Past experience with children
- Teach and explain processes to student workers
Production team openings for the 22/23 season
2023 (Spring) Flora and Ulysses
- Assistant Director, $800-$1000
- Stage Manager/Mentor, $800-$1200
- Costume Designer/Stitcher and Mentor, $600-$1200
Props Designer/Builder and Mentor Set Designer/Builder and Mentor
- Assistant Set and Prop Builder, $400-800
Staff position openings (Updated 07/22/2022)
Theatre Education Instructor(s)
This position would be perfect for a college student looking for a paid internship, or a skilled theater instructor looking for an additional side job. Flexible part-time hours depending on MYT’s ebb and flow of programming. Hours are flexible but would include some evening and some daytime hours. Workshops could be planned around the instructors schedule. $15/hour.
- Plan and teach workshops such as
- Girl Scout workshops
- Pre-show workshops for school groups
- General student open enrollment workshops
- Assist in the planning and implementation of classes
- Create education packets for educators
- Support MYT production staff as needed
- Education degree or degree in-progress (AA, BA, Theatre or any education specialty)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with kids ages 10-18
Adult production team volunteers
If you are curious about theatre in general and MYT specifically, come join our team as a volunteer. You can make your own hours and find out which part of the theatre process interests you the most. Try your hand at everything.
- Pass a background check
- Provide references
Board of directors
Have an interest in public service? Desire to make a difference in the lives of children within the Milwaukee community? Come lend your voice in shaping the future of MYT.
- Meet bi-monthly (virtual)
- Annual volunteer hours
- Advocate publicly for MYT
Apply today by sending us a letter of interest at email@example.com.