In 2023 The Lost Tales Players brought you stories from far away lands like Japan and Czechoslovakia, they told the tales of the Inuit and the Ojibwe peoples. This time around they bring you other stories! Other really, really, REALLY good stories. They promise.
What is Devised Theatre?
Unlike a traditional script, the cast works closely with the Director through a series of workshops to create the stories. What tales will be told, how they are told, character roles and all other aspects of Lost Tales are entirely co-written by MYT students.
Dates to know
- Production and rehearsals days for all students
May 13 – June 13, 2024
- Required actor workshops
Jan. 26, 27; March 22, 24; April 12, 14
- Public shows
June 14-16, 2024
Before the audition
- Fill out the audition form and register for one audition time. Plan on staying for the full 2 hours.
- Pick out and memorize a 60 second monologue
- Check and double check the rehearsal and performance schedule so that you can inform the Director of all conflicts ahead of time.
During the audition
- You will be auditioning in a group and not privately
- You will be auditioning for the Director and other members of the staff and cast
- If there is time, you may be asked to read parts of the script with other actors
- Bring a water bottle and a snack. There will be a 5 minute break.
- Encourage the other performers and give your full attention to the audition process.
After the audition
- If cast, the actor will receive a phone call from the Director by Monday, January 15.
- You will receive an email if not cast. If the actor asked to receive their audition notes they will be emailed within a week.